GROWING with kids

           This morning, Karan was too upset.He couldn't stand his sister wearing HIS trousers! He started complaining and shouting at her. I intruded and said it was me who gave her his trousers to wear since I couldn't find one of her. He argued she has got dozens, how couldn't I find one. Honestly that night I really didn't take trouble of searching, I just came up with one of Karan's trouser and gave Tanisha to put on. But I was not in a position to accept it now. Thats why I reminded him about once he told that he didnt like THAT trouser at all then why is he so bothered about it now. My point was let that trouser pass on to Tanisha. This idea made the scene still more worse. Karan got depressed thinking that I am COVERING her..his argument was can he wear Tanisha's dress to make it even!!? Well..there is a point!! This issue of clothing cannot be evened out just like other things do.

          One more thing that bothers kids above ten years old that they don't like their parents to take decisions REGARDING them WITHOUT their CONSENT!! Arguments went on until I confessed. I tell you one secret if you want your kids to listen to you..at times you too have to listen to them and agree with them!! Or atleast pretend.

           The situation got better knowing that breakfast was Poori. Pooris are universally accepted as kids' favourites. Karan was super happy for his graph of popularity would rise up today since he would be the most demanding boy for his HOMEMADE tiffin at recess time. You believe it or not hardly three or four boys bring homemade eatables in his whole class. Since lunch is provided by school, parents wouldn't care much about food for tiffin box. Rest of the kids usually bring stuffs like biscuits, chips, nuts, and also other junks. So kids in his class fall for homemade foods.
This kind of reaction towards eatables started in fifth standards I guess. Because Tanisha still demands for FANCY food for her tiffin box. Whatever... Karan is kind of proud of me for this reason.

           The last Sunday, we went out for a movie. I put on  my new T Shirt and jeans. When it comes to grooming, Kids love to see me in trendy outfits especially Tanisha, provided she should give approval that I am neither overdressed nor underdressed but just the optimum. Tanisha is always conscious about my dressings that I always should look atleast OK. This happened the other day too. Tanisha started grumbling that my T Shirt is too plain and not looking good. Karan too added that colour is too sober. I tried to ignore and said  "Thats no problem, I am fine with this. and also who is going to watch me anyways..." Karan said unruffled "Amma, whoever you show up they see you"!!! Finally I would not have to explain what happened next. Tanisha started advising me what to wear with jeans and what not and what should be my hair style as if I have come from Dwapara yug or something like that.But whatever to be frank I cannot disobey her totally.. But anyway I love kids that way. May be  kids find MOM as their very representative of family because I never seen kids anytime worried about their father's dressing!! I have noticed in many families, especially daughters are more conscious about moms when they go out together. But still I dont think after five years, they ever care about my looks!

           The other day, I was checking over some clothes on some online shops. Kids were busy in some activities. A beautiful ethnic  selwar caught my eyes and I just said ‘WOW!!’ It might have grabbed Karan’s attention. He looked surprised. Leaving behind all his works he peeped  in to laptop and asked  what did I say WOW for. I was not interested to explain all just said that it was some dress. He said “ show me mom, If you have said WOW means it must be some extra-ordinary one!!” I was little puzzled and asked him back how can he say that. The answer was very interesting.  He replied, “mom, you hardly exclaim on things. You never say WOW to each and everything like some people do. You exclaim only when its not only awesome but a SUPER AWESOME one!!”  I was really surprised!  It made me think of myself . Am I so LESS expressive!!? Am I kind of person not easily get pleased!!? I REALLY was not knowing this.

          Karan had convinced me one of my disposition. I kept revising things of my past to prove myself that If am I demonstrative kind or not.  I have to admit that Kids know me better than I know myself.  You can try it. When you want to know your other side, just ask little kids who know you well. They are straight and honest judges. They will surprise you by revealing things about you that no one ever noticed em until then, not even you!!  Just dare once to listen it.

         I am rearing kids but its true that they are helping me to GROW as well. They are helping me not to turn MORON by being so unconnected to the outer world. Children keep our clock ticking. Make our world moving. Indeed parents and kids inspire mutually. This is not a conclusion or something. This is a PAGE of my book. A point in my life.


             





           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

@ Thirty Five !! :)